Friday 27 February 2015

NEW PROJECTS

New Personal Projects

We seem to have a very busy life lately so quilting days are spread out seemingly only 1 per month at the moment.  Although that was the original idea we just seemed to squeeze in some extras.

We both had projects we wanted to start this time although we still have a BOM to quilt.  That was to be part of our day....  Oh well we just sometimes get caught up on new projects.

Lynne started on a quilt for her mothers friend.  It was a pattern we found on Fat Quarter Shop made with Layer Cakes and Charm squares.  It was to be a simple quick quilt but when you take into account directions of patterns and which way to press seems it becomes a little more complicated.  That is all good for the brain though.  She got through half of it and finished it later on in the week.  So I spent one lunch time helping here "Stick" it together it is beautiful and I am sure it will be a pattern we will repeat many times with different fabrics.

For myself I purhcased some really cute Caravan material and I decided to make some placemats for our caravan and also for our friends van.  There much planning and measuring and I decided to fussy cut the centre panel and then border is with pictures in the corner.  This was a quick project to complete.  Although when I got home and tested them on my table they were much too big..... ooops we miss calculated on the size of the border by only including one side.   Never mind I am in the process of cutting them down and soon they will be finished. 

New quilting day must must must include some of the quilting for a BOMs



No comments:

Post a Comment