Thursday 31 March 2016

TABLE TOPPER

I have been working on a new table topper, we use these everyday instead of table cloth or placemats because there is only two of use it works as one big placemat to protect the timber table.  So my husband has been asking for another one so we can rotate.


This was a opportunity to test out the Swoon pattern I purchased a while ago.  So it sat down with paper and calculator to work out the best way to use the block or maybe 4 blocks and found that the 1 block was quite big enough with a couple of borders.  It was a fun block to make with lots of skills required like half square triangles and flying geese.  I am very happy with the finished product and now I think I will start on my Swoon quilt.










I am catching up on my finished projects, I have now finished my 2013 Block of the Month and almost finished my Midori Float so maybe now is the time to start something new :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment